- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
To the Editor: Thanks to Phil Roehrig for education
I would like to make the Jewish community of Rockford aware of the efforts of one man, Phil Roehrig, who single-handedly has made countless presentations regarding the Nazis and Holocaust at CLR (the Center for Learning in Retirement) at Rock Valley College. He should be commended by your ethnic organizations for his ongoing efforts to inform and educate the public.
Mount Morris, Ill.
From the April 6-12, 2011, issue