- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Young Artist Show: Youth Division opens April 10
Rockford Art Museum’s (RAM) 70th Young Artist Show: Youth Division begins Sunday, April 10, with a free public opening from 1 to 3 p.m., and awards at 2 p.m.
The annual exhibit showcases outstanding artwork by students in grades kindergarten through eighth at public and private schools in Winnebago County. Art teachers select the pieces for display at their respective school.
This year’s Youth Division features 468 paintings, drawings, prints and sculpture that represent 459 students from 80 schools.
Recognition awards, one per grade level, will be presented at 2 p.m. during the public opening April 10. The exhibit remains on view through May 8.
The following are recipients of recognition awards (one per grade level) in the 70th Young Artist Show: Youth Division:
Eighth Grade—Virginia Chaveste-Garcia, RESA Middle School
Seventh Grade—Annie Lynch, Spectrum School
Sixth Grade—Katrina Meyers, Roscoe Middle School
Fifth Grade—Trey Campbell, Allegro Academy
Fourth Grade—Cisalie Kugler, Marsh Elementary School
Third Grade—Abraham Ramirez, Stone Creek Elementary School
Second Grade—Alissa Largent, Summerdale Elementary School
First Grade—Alisha Bell, Ralston Elementary School
Kindergarten—Amber Goldhagen, Prairie Hill Elementary School
RAM is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $7, $3 for students/seniors and free to children younger than 12. Call (815) 968-2787 or visit rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the April 6-12, 2011 issue