- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Young Artist Show: Youth Division opens April 10
Rockford Art Museum’s (RAM) 70th Young Artist Show: Youth Division begins Sunday, April 10, with a free public opening from 1 to 3 p.m., and awards at 2 p.m.
The annual exhibit showcases outstanding artwork by students in grades kindergarten through eighth at public and private schools in Winnebago County. Art teachers select the pieces for display at their respective school.
This year’s Youth Division features 468 paintings, drawings, prints and sculpture that represent 459 students from 80 schools.
Recognition awards, one per grade level, will be presented at 2 p.m. during the public opening April 10. The exhibit remains on view through May 8.
The following are recipients of recognition awards (one per grade level) in the 70th Young Artist Show: Youth Division:
Eighth Grade—Virginia Chaveste-Garcia, RESA Middle School
Seventh Grade—Annie Lynch, Spectrum School
Sixth Grade—Katrina Meyers, Roscoe Middle School
Fifth Grade—Trey Campbell, Allegro Academy
Fourth Grade—Cisalie Kugler, Marsh Elementary School
Third Grade—Abraham Ramirez, Stone Creek Elementary School
Second Grade—Alissa Largent, Summerdale Elementary School
First Grade—Alisha Bell, Ralston Elementary School
Kindergarten—Amber Goldhagen, Prairie Hill Elementary School
RAM is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m., Sunday. Admission is $7, $3 for students/seniors and free to children younger than 12. Call (815) 968-2787 or visit rockfordartmuseum.org.
From the April 6-12, 2011 issue