- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Healthy eating, fitness featured at Discovery Center April 16
Healthy eating and fitness habits will be featured in “Kids in the Kitchen” Saturday, April 16, at Discovery Center Museum.
The Junior League of Rockford event, which runs 10 a.m.-2 p.m., will teach how to prepare healthy snacks and offer interactive fitness activities.
Other highlights include planting seasonal vegetables, meeting a puppet chef and creating make-and-take projects.
Geared toward children 10 and younger and their families, “Kids in the Kitchen” is free with $7 museum admission (free to members and children 1 and younger).
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Call the Junior League of Rockford at (815) 399-4518 or visit jlrockford.org for more about the event. The Discovery Center can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or online at discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the April 13-19, 2011 issue