- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Healthy eating, fitness featured at Discovery Center April 16
Healthy eating and fitness habits will be featured in “Kids in the Kitchen” Saturday, April 16, at Discovery Center Museum.
The Junior League of Rockford event, which runs 10 a.m.-2 p.m., will teach how to prepare healthy snacks and offer interactive fitness activities.
Other highlights include planting seasonal vegetables, meeting a puppet chef and creating make-and-take projects.
Geared toward children 10 and younger and their families, “Kids in the Kitchen” is free with $7 museum admission (free to members and children 1 and younger).
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Call the Junior League of Rockford at (815) 399-4518 or visit jlrockford.org for more about the event. The Discovery Center can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or online at discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the April 13-19, 2011 issue