- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Healthy eating, fitness featured at Discovery Center April 16
Healthy eating and fitness habits will be featured in “Kids in the Kitchen” Saturday, April 16, at Discovery Center Museum.
The Junior League of Rockford event, which runs 10 a.m.-2 p.m., will teach how to prepare healthy snacks and offer interactive fitness activities.
Other highlights include planting seasonal vegetables, meeting a puppet chef and creating make-and-take projects.
Geared toward children 10 and younger and their families, “Kids in the Kitchen” is free with $7 museum admission (free to members and children 1 and younger).
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Call the Junior League of Rockford at (815) 399-4518 or visit jlrockford.org for more about the event. The Discovery Center can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or online at discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the April 13-19, 2011 issue