- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
Healthy eating, fitness featured at Discovery Center April 16
Healthy eating and fitness habits will be featured in “Kids in the Kitchen” Saturday, April 16, at Discovery Center Museum.
The Junior League of Rockford event, which runs 10 a.m.-2 p.m., will teach how to prepare healthy snacks and offer interactive fitness activities.
Other highlights include planting seasonal vegetables, meeting a puppet chef and creating make-and-take projects.
Geared toward children 10 and younger and their families, “Kids in the Kitchen” is free with $7 museum admission (free to members and children 1 and younger).
Discovery Center is inside Riverfront Museum Park, 711 N. Main St., Rockford. Call the Junior League of Rockford at (815) 399-4518 or visit jlrockford.org for more about the event. The Discovery Center can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or online at discoverycentermuseum.org.
From the April 13-19, 2011 issue