- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
Rock Valley College launches new GED to Careers program
The Rock Valley College Adult Education Department is launching a new program called GED to Careers.
The program is designed to help students obtain their GED certification while also teaching them life and job skills.
Additional goals of this new program are to encourage and assist students to move on to advanced training or education, help students develop an appreciation for lifelong learning, help students earn occupational certification in various skilled trades, and help students gain employment or improve their current earnings with a better job.
Who can enroll?
— Youth between the ages of 17-21
— Youth who are authorized to work in the U.S.
— Those who are in compliance with the Selective Service requirements (for males 18 years of age or older born after Dec. 21, 1959)
— Youth who meet the federal government’s low-income eligibility guidelines
— Youth who have not completed high school
If you’re a foster child, homeless or a runaway, are pregnant or parentingResidents of Boone/Winnebago counties
For more information, please contact Tiana Cooper at (815) 921-2008.
From the April 13-19, 2011 issue