- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
To the Editor: Obama has hit a new low in despicable behavior
I see President Obama has shown his true character again. In his headlong drive to run this country into bankruptcy, he is threatening to close the federal government if he can’t get his way on excessive spending.
While he finds it perfectly acceptable to award millions of dollars to labor unions, he wants to stiff our military personnel during the governmental shutdown by cutting off their paychecks. These are the very people who make our free elections, free speech, free market opportunities, and government of, by, and for the people possible.
Our commander in chief wants to use his troops as bargaining pawns to be sacrificed in the event he loses the contest for sensible spending. That this may never happen because the Republican leadership caved in on the budget negotiations does not exculpate Obama for his intended action.
Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini, and Mao Zedong would all be proud of this totally despicable behavior. Never before in our nation’s history has the president forced our military to bear the brunt of political discord in Washington by having their already meager salaries curtailed.
This truly does reach a new low in dishonorable conduct. Welcome to change and despair.