- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: Put Dr. Sheffield on administrative leave
While the departure of Mrs. Sheffield is, in my opinion, a good thing, there is still time for her to do untold damage to the district.
A thorough review of her recommendations concerning the re-assignment of administrators has yet to be completed. Do we know her motivations for these recommendations? Were they based solely on performance, or were there other reasons? By leaving her in place until the end of April, we are allowing her to continue her questionable attacks on these administrators.
The Board of Education needs to do two things:
1) Put Mrs. Sheffield on administrative leave, thereby eliminating any further harm to the district.
2) Refrain from voting on any personnel policies until the new BOE takes over.
By removing Mrs. Sheffield from the equation and putting all personnel decisions on hold, the present members of the BOE will be acting with class and dignity by helping to alleviate some of the tension and mistrust that currently exists between the community, the district staff and the administration. I
t is time for all community stakeholders to come together and start the healing process for the sake of our children above all else.