- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Reiki Energy International hosts open house April 21
Reiki Energy International will hold an open house from 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, April 21, at Community of Christ Church, 6103 Forest Hills Road, Rockford. The event will celebrate the group’s second anniversary as a 501(c)(3) public charity.
Reiki is a spiritual practice developed in 1922 by Japanese Buddhist Mikao Usui that uses palm healing as a form of complementary and alternative medicine. Through the use of this technique, practitioners transfer healing energy in the form of “ki” through the palms.
The April 21 informational and social gathering will explain and demonstrate the group’s focus of “Advancing the Use of Reiki Energy Healing.” The informal gathering is open to anyone and will include educating the public about Reiki and free treatments. Light snacks and soft drinks will be provided.
The purpose of the organization is to provide leadership and growth for the advancement of Reiki and encourage greater awareness of Reiki through volunteer community service.
Reiki Energy International utilizes the Usui System of Reiki Energy while offering educational and social opportunities to new and existing members.
Current members include Reiki Master Teachers (RMT) and Reiki practitioners in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin areas as well as from other areas in the United States and foreign countries. This core group has established membership guidelines and group goals that include performing community outreach and creating awareness of Reiki.
Other REI group activities include: holding monthly organization meetings; holding regular Reiki share sessions open to the public; creating opportunities for social gatherings and networking; generating public awareness through trade shows and special events; providing Reiki energy work opportunities for those who can’t afford them; and distributing information through the REI website at reikienergyinternational.com.
Membership is open to documented Reiki practitioners. Membership opportunities will be offered at the open house.
Meetings and member activities are held at Community of Christ Church on the first Thursday of each month. Free treatments to the public are given every Monday from 6 to 9 p.m., and the third Thursday of each month from 6 to 9 p.m. at the church.
REI also holds an annual REI Health Fair & Expo each summer. This year’s event will be July 9 at the Clock Tower Resort from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The group accepts tax-deductible contributions. For more information, call (815) 398-6326.
From the April 20-26, 20011 issue