- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Reynolds named NPS Midwest regional director
National Park Service (NPS) Director Jonathan B. Jarvis has selected Michael T. Reynolds as the agency’s Midwest regional director. He will begin his new duties in early May 2011. Reynolds has served as deputy regional director of the Northeast region since 2008. Earlier, as superintendent of Fire Island National Seashore, he created innovative ways to work with the local community and park partners and reorganized park operations to create a more efficient organization grounded in sound business planning. His NPS career also includes stints as a resource manager, planner, legislative staff, and a division chief in three parks. Reynolds earned a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and an MBA from Regis University in Denver.
From the April 20-26, 2011, issue