- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Reynolds named NPS Midwest regional director
National Park Service (NPS) Director Jonathan B. Jarvis has selected Michael T. Reynolds as the agency’s Midwest regional director. He will begin his new duties in early May 2011. Reynolds has served as deputy regional director of the Northeast region since 2008. Earlier, as superintendent of Fire Island National Seashore, he created innovative ways to work with the local community and park partners and reorganized park operations to create a more efficient organization grounded in sound business planning. His NPS career also includes stints as a resource manager, planner, legislative staff, and a division chief in three parks. Reynolds earned a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and an MBA from Regis University in Denver.
From the April 20-26, 2011, issue