- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Tilted Kilt associates calendar contest finalists
The Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery at the Clock Tower Resort in Rockford announced two of its associates are finalists in the 2012 Tilted Kilt Calendar Girl Voting Contest. Alex Borowski and Heather Martin have been named to the list of the final 50 contestants eligible to be selected to appear in the national franchise’s 2012 Tilted Kilt Girl Calendar. The annual contest kicked off this past week with online voting at www.tiltedkiltrockford.com. The calendar features only girls who work at one of the 47 Tilted Kilt franchises across the country. More than 450 entries were submitted, of which 50 were selected as finalists. Their photos are posted on the corporate website as well as each individual franchise’s site for the entire month of April so customers from around the world can vote for their favorites. The top vote getters will appear in the 2012 calendar. Borowski was a finalist last year and was eventually selected to be on the cover of the 2011 Tilted Kilt Girl Calendar, the most prestigious honor of all. Her photos have also appeared in several national marketing pieces including web and magazine ads and on menus in the pubs. This is Martin’s first time being selected as a finalist for the contest.
From the April 20-26, 2011, issue