- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Tilted Kilt associates calendar contest finalists
The Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery at the Clock Tower Resort in Rockford announced two of its associates are finalists in the 2012 Tilted Kilt Calendar Girl Voting Contest. Alex Borowski and Heather Martin have been named to the list of the final 50 contestants eligible to be selected to appear in the national franchise’s 2012 Tilted Kilt Girl Calendar. The annual contest kicked off this past week with online voting at www.tiltedkiltrockford.com. The calendar features only girls who work at one of the 47 Tilted Kilt franchises across the country. More than 450 entries were submitted, of which 50 were selected as finalists. Their photos are posted on the corporate website as well as each individual franchise’s site for the entire month of April so customers from around the world can vote for their favorites. The top vote getters will appear in the 2012 calendar. Borowski was a finalist last year and was eventually selected to be on the cover of the 2011 Tilted Kilt Girl Calendar, the most prestigious honor of all. Her photos have also appeared in several national marketing pieces including web and magazine ads and on menus in the pubs. This is Martin’s first time being selected as a finalist for the contest.
From the April 20-26, 2011, issue