- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: Barbara Olson Center of Hope gives thank
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope thanks everyone who attended our 9th Inspired to Paint Art Show and Silent Auction on April 10.
This event highlights the creative abilities of our participants with developmental disabilities and showcases local artists.
Thank you to Franchesco’s for the wonderful venue and food, Jodi Beach Trio for musical entertainment, Mike Robinson and Liz Wylder for MC services.
Thanks to co-chairs Jeanne Coe and Deb Johnson and their committee; the parents, artists and businesses who donated items for the silent auction; Cherry Blossom for flowers; and especially the artists who worked with our participants at the Center: Jeanne Coe, Ingrid Dohm, Betty Westlake, Troy Stromblad, Lynne Landi, and Rosemary O’Connell.
We couldn’t succeed without the generous support of sponsors: Goellner, Inc., RHS-Dept. of Anesthesiology, Bergstrom, Inc., Greenlee-A Textron Co., AlphaGraphics, Harris Bank, Humana, Jim Holder Heating and Air,Rockford Health System, Pension Specialists, SwedishAmerican Health System, Drs. Therese & Scott Trenhaile, Affiliated Surgeons of Rockford, Alpine Bank, Eckburg Bates Insurance, Rev. Rene & Deb Escalante, McGladrey, Rockford Area Arts Council, Rockford Orthopedic Associates, Peter Savitski–Attorney, Holmstrom & Kennedy, Richard & Nancy Flanagan, Don & Debbie Vidican, Frank and Jen Wehrstein.
Thanks for your support!
Barbara Olson Center of Hope
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue