- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
To the Editor: Barbara Olson Center of Hope gives thank
The Barbara Olson Center of Hope thanks everyone who attended our 9th Inspired to Paint Art Show and Silent Auction on April 10.
This event highlights the creative abilities of our participants with developmental disabilities and showcases local artists.
Thank you to Franchesco’s for the wonderful venue and food, Jodi Beach Trio for musical entertainment, Mike Robinson and Liz Wylder for MC services.
Thanks to co-chairs Jeanne Coe and Deb Johnson and their committee; the parents, artists and businesses who donated items for the silent auction; Cherry Blossom for flowers; and especially the artists who worked with our participants at the Center: Jeanne Coe, Ingrid Dohm, Betty Westlake, Troy Stromblad, Lynne Landi, and Rosemary O’Connell.
We couldn’t succeed without the generous support of sponsors: Goellner, Inc., RHS-Dept. of Anesthesiology, Bergstrom, Inc., Greenlee-A Textron Co., AlphaGraphics, Harris Bank, Humana, Jim Holder Heating and Air,Rockford Health System, Pension Specialists, SwedishAmerican Health System, Drs. Therese & Scott Trenhaile, Affiliated Surgeons of Rockford, Alpine Bank, Eckburg Bates Insurance, Rev. Rene & Deb Escalante, McGladrey, Rockford Area Arts Council, Rockford Orthopedic Associates, Peter Savitski–Attorney, Holmstrom & Kennedy, Richard & Nancy Flanagan, Don & Debbie Vidican, Frank and Jen Wehrstein.
Thanks for your support!
Barbara Olson Center of Hope
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue