- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
To the Editor: People dumping trash in east-side neighborhood
For three years, I have tried to get the dumping stopped in our alley.
Last year, Cindy Smith from Community Services got the logs, couches, etc. hauled off. I get to pick up all the bags and drag them out front.
I called her this year to please come and see what we got during the winter. Haven’t heard back from her.
Last year, I inquired at the Neighborhood Watch meeting about our alderwoman. The consensus was, she’s concerned about her Broadway neighborhood. Jaime [Guerrero] from Code Regulations [Neighborhood Enforcement Specialist] said Karen [Elyea—11th Ward] could get a camera put in. So I placed a call to her. No, of course, I never heard back from her.
So if anyone out there has any suggestions, I will be glad to listen.
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue