- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: People dumping trash in east-side neighborhood
For three years, I have tried to get the dumping stopped in our alley.
Last year, Cindy Smith from Community Services got the logs, couches, etc. hauled off. I get to pick up all the bags and drag them out front.
I called her this year to please come and see what we got during the winter. Haven’t heard back from her.
Last year, I inquired at the Neighborhood Watch meeting about our alderwoman. The consensus was, she’s concerned about her Broadway neighborhood. Jaime [Guerrero] from Code Regulations [Neighborhood Enforcement Specialist] said Karen [Elyea—11th Ward] could get a camera put in. So I placed a call to her. No, of course, I never heard back from her.
So if anyone out there has any suggestions, I will be glad to listen.
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue