- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
To the Editor: People dumping trash in east-side neighborhood
For three years, I have tried to get the dumping stopped in our alley.
Last year, Cindy Smith from Community Services got the logs, couches, etc. hauled off. I get to pick up all the bags and drag them out front.
I called her this year to please come and see what we got during the winter. Haven’t heard back from her.
Last year, I inquired at the Neighborhood Watch meeting about our alderwoman. The consensus was, she’s concerned about her Broadway neighborhood. Jaime [Guerrero] from Code Regulations [Neighborhood Enforcement Specialist] said Karen [Elyea—11th Ward] could get a camera put in. So I placed a call to her. No, of course, I never heard back from her.
So if anyone out there has any suggestions, I will be glad to listen.
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue