- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
To the Editor: People dumping trash in east-side neighborhood
For three years, I have tried to get the dumping stopped in our alley.
Last year, Cindy Smith from Community Services got the logs, couches, etc. hauled off. I get to pick up all the bags and drag them out front.
I called her this year to please come and see what we got during the winter. Haven’t heard back from her.
Last year, I inquired at the Neighborhood Watch meeting about our alderwoman. The consensus was, she’s concerned about her Broadway neighborhood. Jaime [Guerrero] from Code Regulations [Neighborhood Enforcement Specialist] said Karen [Elyea—11th Ward] could get a camera put in. So I placed a call to her. No, of course, I never heard back from her.
So if anyone out there has any suggestions, I will be glad to listen.
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue