- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Words for thought
Many of our politicians, once they get into position, they change their disposition. All the constituents can suffer the consequences because a bunch of manipulators want you to believe that they’re on the right path.
In the meantime, the constituents are shredded like old documents. As long as their oily pocketbooks are well greased up, nothing seems to matter.
Anything within reason is not so bad because nothing is really perfect, but anything within reason should be negotiated fairly for everyone and be accepted. Many of these lawmakers don’t even believe in God, like it says on our coins and paper money. With high oil prices and all phases in the cost of living escalating, when is this situation going to stop?
I’m inclined to think some of our Fox newscasters and politicians like to put everyone in a paranoid state of mind because of some of their radical tactics. When are we ever going to find peace?
Certain individuals seem to have their heads in the wrong part of their anatomy or graduated from the wrong academy. They must have forgotten all the lives lost in a falsified war with several thousand wounded and the enormous amount of taxpayer money down the drain in Iraq. Again, the top-notch corporations get richer, and the middle class have to pay and suffer the consequences!
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue