- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
To the Editor: Words for thought
Many of our politicians, once they get into position, they change their disposition. All the constituents can suffer the consequences because a bunch of manipulators want you to believe that they’re on the right path.
In the meantime, the constituents are shredded like old documents. As long as their oily pocketbooks are well greased up, nothing seems to matter.
Anything within reason is not so bad because nothing is really perfect, but anything within reason should be negotiated fairly for everyone and be accepted. Many of these lawmakers don’t even believe in God, like it says on our coins and paper money. With high oil prices and all phases in the cost of living escalating, when is this situation going to stop?
I’m inclined to think some of our Fox newscasters and politicians like to put everyone in a paranoid state of mind because of some of their radical tactics. When are we ever going to find peace?
Certain individuals seem to have their heads in the wrong part of their anatomy or graduated from the wrong academy. They must have forgotten all the lives lost in a falsified war with several thousand wounded and the enormous amount of taxpayer money down the drain in Iraq. Again, the top-notch corporations get richer, and the middle class have to pay and suffer the consequences!
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue