- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Words for thought
Many of our politicians, once they get into position, they change their disposition. All the constituents can suffer the consequences because a bunch of manipulators want you to believe that they’re on the right path.
In the meantime, the constituents are shredded like old documents. As long as their oily pocketbooks are well greased up, nothing seems to matter.
Anything within reason is not so bad because nothing is really perfect, but anything within reason should be negotiated fairly for everyone and be accepted. Many of these lawmakers don’t even believe in God, like it says on our coins and paper money. With high oil prices and all phases in the cost of living escalating, when is this situation going to stop?
I’m inclined to think some of our Fox newscasters and politicians like to put everyone in a paranoid state of mind because of some of their radical tactics. When are we ever going to find peace?
Certain individuals seem to have their heads in the wrong part of their anatomy or graduated from the wrong academy. They must have forgotten all the lives lost in a falsified war with several thousand wounded and the enormous amount of taxpayer money down the drain in Iraq. Again, the top-notch corporations get richer, and the middle class have to pay and suffer the consequences!
From the April 20-26, 2011 issue