- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
WNIJ news reporter wins three AP awards
The Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association recently announced winners in the 2010 Journalism Excellence Contest. WNIJ (89.5-FM) reporter Susan Stephens claimed three honors this year in the Downstate Radio division.
Her story, “Fire Ops 101,” was chosen Best Light Feature. Her “Two Sides of a Transplant” report was named Best Hard News Feature, and Stephens took second place in the overall Best News Writer category.
The award-winning audio is featured online under WNIJ’s home page “Headlines,” at www.wnij.org. The WNIJ News Link provides access to a full archive of locally-produced stories and features. WNIJ is the NPR News station within Northern Public Radio, the broadcast service of Northern Illinois University.
From the April 27-May 3, 2011 issue