- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
WNIJ news reporter wins three AP awards
The Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association recently announced winners in the 2010 Journalism Excellence Contest. WNIJ (89.5-FM) reporter Susan Stephens claimed three honors this year in the Downstate Radio division.
Her story, “Fire Ops 101,” was chosen Best Light Feature. Her “Two Sides of a Transplant” report was named Best Hard News Feature, and Stephens took second place in the overall Best News Writer category.
The award-winning audio is featured online under WNIJ’s home page “Headlines,” at www.wnij.org. The WNIJ News Link provides access to a full archive of locally-produced stories and features. WNIJ is the NPR News station within Northern Public Radio, the broadcast service of Northern Illinois University.
From the April 27-May 3, 2011 issue