- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
WNIJ news reporter wins three AP awards
The Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association recently announced winners in the 2010 Journalism Excellence Contest. WNIJ (89.5-FM) reporter Susan Stephens claimed three honors this year in the Downstate Radio division.
Her story, “Fire Ops 101,” was chosen Best Light Feature. Her “Two Sides of a Transplant” report was named Best Hard News Feature, and Stephens took second place in the overall Best News Writer category.
The award-winning audio is featured online under WNIJ’s home page “Headlines,” at www.wnij.org. The WNIJ News Link provides access to a full archive of locally-produced stories and features. WNIJ is the NPR News station within Northern Public Radio, the broadcast service of Northern Illinois University.
From the April 27-May 3, 2011 issue