- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team
People in Our Times
Rockford Fire Department announced Chief Derek Bengston and Division Chief Matthew Knott have been selected to be part of the International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team. The GO Team is composed of highly-skilled and equipped chief officers who will work with peers, allied agencies and disaster officials to assist in the coordination and recovery of significant emergencies and/or catastrophic events.
The GO Teams are composed of chief officers who are in each of the 10 FEMA Regions, ready to respond in an emergency situation at the local, state or federal level. The GO Teams are ready to assist with all the services, including staffing and command, resource management, incident action plans, documentation, public information/citizen updates and operations and finance.
The teams are created with a cooperative agreement between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs. This allows an effective means of coordinating resources within a smaller geographic area but allows for interaction between regions. By paralleling the FEMA model for response and coordination of the GO Team, this allows for a more timely response.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue