- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team
People in Our Times
Rockford Fire Department announced Chief Derek Bengston and Division Chief Matthew Knott have been selected to be part of the International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team. The GO Team is composed of highly-skilled and equipped chief officers who will work with peers, allied agencies and disaster officials to assist in the coordination and recovery of significant emergencies and/or catastrophic events.
The GO Teams are composed of chief officers who are in each of the 10 FEMA Regions, ready to respond in an emergency situation at the local, state or federal level. The GO Teams are ready to assist with all the services, including staffing and command, resource management, incident action plans, documentation, public information/citizen updates and operations and finance.
The teams are created with a cooperative agreement between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs. This allows an effective means of coordinating resources within a smaller geographic area but allows for interaction between regions. By paralleling the FEMA model for response and coordination of the GO Team, this allows for a more timely response.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue