- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team
People in Our Times
Rockford Fire Department announced Chief Derek Bengston and Division Chief Matthew Knott have been selected to be part of the International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team. The GO Team is composed of highly-skilled and equipped chief officers who will work with peers, allied agencies and disaster officials to assist in the coordination and recovery of significant emergencies and/or catastrophic events.
The GO Teams are composed of chief officers who are in each of the 10 FEMA Regions, ready to respond in an emergency situation at the local, state or federal level. The GO Teams are ready to assist with all the services, including staffing and command, resource management, incident action plans, documentation, public information/citizen updates and operations and finance.
The teams are created with a cooperative agreement between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs. This allows an effective means of coordinating resources within a smaller geographic area but allows for interaction between regions. By paralleling the FEMA model for response and coordination of the GO Team, this allows for a more timely response.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue