- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team
People in Our Times
Rockford Fire Department announced Chief Derek Bengston and Division Chief Matthew Knott have been selected to be part of the International Association of Fire Chiefs GO Team. The GO Team is composed of highly-skilled and equipped chief officers who will work with peers, allied agencies and disaster officials to assist in the coordination and recovery of significant emergencies and/or catastrophic events.
The GO Teams are composed of chief officers who are in each of the 10 FEMA Regions, ready to respond in an emergency situation at the local, state or federal level. The GO Teams are ready to assist with all the services, including staffing and command, resource management, incident action plans, documentation, public information/citizen updates and operations and finance.
The teams are created with a cooperative agreement between the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs. This allows an effective means of coordinating resources within a smaller geographic area but allows for interaction between regions. By paralleling the FEMA model for response and coordination of the GO Team, this allows for a more timely response.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue