- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Nutrition Works: Heartburn help naturally
By Paula Chilson
District Manager, Nutrition Works Inc.
Here in America, heartburn is a common problem a number of people face on a daily basis.
Heartburn is generally caused by eating a food that does not agree with your body. A free way to pinpoint the problem is by keeping a food journal and tracking what you eat and drink. If you get heartburn, take a look at items that have been ingested a few hours prior to your heartburn. This will allow you to learn more about your body and the foods that do not agree with your system.
Once you know what foods irritate your stomach, avoid them altogether, or you will end up at square one with heartburn again.
It is most commonly thought that heartburn is caused by too much acid. The truth is the most common cause of heartburn is not enough acid.
Many Americans eat Tums and Rolaids like candy all day long. These products are good to put out the fire, although you are not treating the cause of the heartburn, only the side effect.
The main ingredient in antacids is calcium, also known as milk. Adding milk to a stomach that needs more digestive enzymes does not help, it only puts out the “fire.”
Chewable digestive enzymes are a great alternative. With ingredients such as papaya, papain, amylase, cellulase, bromelain and lipase, these digestive enzymes are found in everyday foods.
Zand Quick Digest is the product customers have had the most success with. This product comes in two sizes,15 chewable tablets is $2.56 or 90 chewable tablets is $7.56. This product will give your body the digestive enzymes it is asking for, and also contains a small amount of calcium to put out the “fire.”
Find this product, and much more, at a Nutrition Works near you: 4010 E. State St., Rockford, (815) 397-6850; 6144 E. Riverside Blvd., Loves Park, (815) 282-0363; or 5328 Williams Drive, Roscoe, (815) 623-8070.
Nutrition Works has been serving the Rock River Valley for more than 25 years.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue