- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
To the Editor: Red Shoe Run sends heartfelt thanks
The Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness Committee sends out a heartfelt thanks to the community for supporting the eighth annual run/walk for donor awareness and for their fund-raising efforts to help add potential heroes to the Rock River Valley Blood Center’s Be The Match Marrow Program. More than 900 potential participants came out to affirm the lifesaving, life-restoring benefits of blood, organ, tissue, eye and marrow donation, and to gratefully acknowledge the humanitarianism displayed by the donors of these gifts.
Top female runner was Lisa Johnson of Loves Park; top male runner was Carl Nuccio of Machesney Park. Top individual fund-raiser was Brad Christiansen, who raised over $1,300, and top team fund-raiser was Team Shillady, raising over $10,000. In all, more than $56,000 was raised. Thank you for your hard work!
Thanks also to our major sponsors: Rockford Health Systems, Rockford Bank & Trust, Anderson Packaging, Electrical Workers Local 364, SupplyCore, Sam’s Club, OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, SwedishAmerican Health System, Midwest Eye Banks, and Alpine Bank.
Finally, a big thanks to our many dedicated volunteers who helped make this event possible. Save the date for next year: Saturday, April 14, 2012.
The Red Show Run for Donor Awareness Committee
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue