- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
To the Editor: Red Shoe Run sends heartfelt thanks
The Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness Committee sends out a heartfelt thanks to the community for supporting the eighth annual run/walk for donor awareness and for their fund-raising efforts to help add potential heroes to the Rock River Valley Blood Center’s Be The Match Marrow Program. More than 900 potential participants came out to affirm the lifesaving, life-restoring benefits of blood, organ, tissue, eye and marrow donation, and to gratefully acknowledge the humanitarianism displayed by the donors of these gifts.
Top female runner was Lisa Johnson of Loves Park; top male runner was Carl Nuccio of Machesney Park. Top individual fund-raiser was Brad Christiansen, who raised over $1,300, and top team fund-raiser was Team Shillady, raising over $10,000. In all, more than $56,000 was raised. Thank you for your hard work!
Thanks also to our major sponsors: Rockford Health Systems, Rockford Bank & Trust, Anderson Packaging, Electrical Workers Local 364, SupplyCore, Sam’s Club, OSF St. Anthony Medical Center, SwedishAmerican Health System, Midwest Eye Banks, and Alpine Bank.
Finally, a big thanks to our many dedicated volunteers who helped make this event possible. Save the date for next year: Saturday, April 14, 2012.
The Red Show Run for Donor Awareness Committee
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue