- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Visitors Bureau announces promotion, addition
People in Our Times
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) announced the promotion of Anna Delgado to Sales & Group Services coordinator and the addition of Andre Weston as marketing coordinator.
Delgado was promoted to the full-time position of Sales & Group Services coordinator after working part time as a Group Services coordinator since May 2010. In her position, Delgado will work with meeting and event planners who host events in the region, offering services that help attendees feel welcomed and encourage event planners to return as repeat customers.
Weston filled the open marketing coordinator position. He is responsible for managing RACVB’s consumer and group customer databases, executing the CVB’s e-media efforts and campaigns, including social media. He’ll also oversee multiple websites, including the flagship site gorockford.com. Weston will also be visible in the community promoting Rockford to Rockford weekly on local media outlets including WNTA and WREX. Finally, he will compile market and customer research to support the group and consumer sales initiatives.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue