- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Visitors Bureau announces promotion, addition
People in Our Times
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) announced the promotion of Anna Delgado to Sales & Group Services coordinator and the addition of Andre Weston as marketing coordinator.
Delgado was promoted to the full-time position of Sales & Group Services coordinator after working part time as a Group Services coordinator since May 2010. In her position, Delgado will work with meeting and event planners who host events in the region, offering services that help attendees feel welcomed and encourage event planners to return as repeat customers.
Weston filled the open marketing coordinator position. He is responsible for managing RACVB’s consumer and group customer databases, executing the CVB’s e-media efforts and campaigns, including social media. He’ll also oversee multiple websites, including the flagship site gorockford.com. Weston will also be visible in the community promoting Rockford to Rockford weekly on local media outlets including WNTA and WREX. Finally, he will compile market and customer research to support the group and consumer sales initiatives.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue