- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Visitors Bureau announces promotion, addition
People in Our Times
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) announced the promotion of Anna Delgado to Sales & Group Services coordinator and the addition of Andre Weston as marketing coordinator.
Delgado was promoted to the full-time position of Sales & Group Services coordinator after working part time as a Group Services coordinator since May 2010. In her position, Delgado will work with meeting and event planners who host events in the region, offering services that help attendees feel welcomed and encourage event planners to return as repeat customers.
Weston filled the open marketing coordinator position. He is responsible for managing RACVB’s consumer and group customer databases, executing the CVB’s e-media efforts and campaigns, including social media. He’ll also oversee multiple websites, including the flagship site gorockford.com. Weston will also be visible in the community promoting Rockford to Rockford weekly on local media outlets including WNTA and WREX. Finally, he will compile market and customer research to support the group and consumer sales initiatives.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue