- 20th Annual Honor the Mounds set for Saturday
- Cubs offense returns in sweep of Milwaukee
- TRRT Online Edition | Aug. 5-11
- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
Visitors Bureau announces promotion, addition
People in Our Times
Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB) announced the promotion of Anna Delgado to Sales & Group Services coordinator and the addition of Andre Weston as marketing coordinator.
Delgado was promoted to the full-time position of Sales & Group Services coordinator after working part time as a Group Services coordinator since May 2010. In her position, Delgado will work with meeting and event planners who host events in the region, offering services that help attendees feel welcomed and encourage event planners to return as repeat customers.
Weston filled the open marketing coordinator position. He is responsible for managing RACVB’s consumer and group customer databases, executing the CVB’s e-media efforts and campaigns, including social media. He’ll also oversee multiple websites, including the flagship site gorockford.com. Weston will also be visible in the community promoting Rockford to Rockford weekly on local media outlets including WNTA and WREX. Finally, he will compile market and customer research to support the group and consumer sales initiatives.
From the May 4-10, 2011 issue