Fire: Kitchen blaze forces Rockford family out of home
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Fire Department fought a three-engine blaze that forced a Rockford family out of their home Thursday night.
The fire started at approximately 8:50 p.m., in the kitchen of a home at 2912 16th St.
Officials said flames were sparked by a pan of overheated cooking oil.
Twenty-five firefighters with the First Engine Company were on the scene within five minutes and secured the scene in an hour.
Extensive smoke damage rendered the home uninhabitable. The family, two adults and three children, are staying with relatives.
Damages are estimated at $15,000. No injuries were reported.
Print This Article