- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Groove Walk features live music in downtown Rockford May 14
The 13th annual downtown Groove Walk music walk is set for 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Saturday, May 14.
The event features 10 musical acts at 10 downtown establishments. Cost is $7 in advance, $10 at the door of any participating establishment the night of the festival.
Advance tickets are available at CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront and Rue Marche.
The following bands will perform at the following establishments:
Prime Time Live—Bar 3, 326 E. State St.
Lizzi Neal Band—CJ’s Lounge, 300 E. State St.
Mana Kintorso—Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.
Steve Ditzell & Blue Lightning—Hawk’s Nest, 310 S. Church St.
Patte Armato with Mike McIntyre—Irish Rose, 519 E. State St.
Bar Stool Bob—Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.
Dean Moriarty Jazz Band—Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.
Agnus Jackson—Rue Marche, 620 Market St.
Sweet Lucy—The Office Niteclub, 513 E. State St.
Emily Hurd—Abreo (formerly Brio), 515 E. State St.
The Rockford Mass Transit District trolley will offer rides to the various establishments.
A portion of the proceeds from the event benefits the Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, a fund for high school seniors pursuing an education in music.
For more about the event, visit http://onthewaterfront.com/groovewalk.htm or contact the On the Waterfront office inside Stewart Square, 308 W. State St., at (815) 964-4388.
From the May 11-17, 2011 issue