- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Groove Walk features live music in downtown Rockford May 14
The 13th annual downtown Groove Walk music walk is set for 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Saturday, May 14.
The event features 10 musical acts at 10 downtown establishments. Cost is $7 in advance, $10 at the door of any participating establishment the night of the festival.
Advance tickets are available at CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront and Rue Marche.
The following bands will perform at the following establishments:
Prime Time Live—Bar 3, 326 E. State St.
Lizzi Neal Band—CJ’s Lounge, 300 E. State St.
Mana Kintorso—Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.
Steve Ditzell & Blue Lightning—Hawk’s Nest, 310 S. Church St.
Patte Armato with Mike McIntyre—Irish Rose, 519 E. State St.
Bar Stool Bob—Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.
Dean Moriarty Jazz Band—Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.
Agnus Jackson—Rue Marche, 620 Market St.
Sweet Lucy—The Office Niteclub, 513 E. State St.
Emily Hurd—Abreo (formerly Brio), 515 E. State St.
The Rockford Mass Transit District trolley will offer rides to the various establishments.
A portion of the proceeds from the event benefits the Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, a fund for high school seniors pursuing an education in music.
For more about the event, visit http://onthewaterfront.com/groovewalk.htm or contact the On the Waterfront office inside Stewart Square, 308 W. State St., at (815) 964-4388.
From the May 11-17, 2011 issue