- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
Groove Walk features live music in downtown Rockford May 14
The 13th annual downtown Groove Walk music walk is set for 9 p.m.-1 a.m., Saturday, May 14.
The event features 10 musical acts at 10 downtown establishments. Cost is $7 in advance, $10 at the door of any participating establishment the night of the festival.
Advance tickets are available at CJ’s Lounge, Deli Italia, Guzzardo Performance Music, Kryptonite, On the Waterfront and Rue Marche.
The following bands will perform at the following establishments:
Prime Time Live—Bar 3, 326 E. State St.
Lizzi Neal Band—CJ’s Lounge, 300 E. State St.
Mana Kintorso—Deli Italia Lounge, 507 E. State St.
Steve Ditzell & Blue Lightning—Hawk’s Nest, 310 S. Church St.
Patte Armato with Mike McIntyre—Irish Rose, 519 E. State St.
Bar Stool Bob—Kiwi Café, 211 Elm St.
Dean Moriarty Jazz Band—Kryptonite, 308 W. State St.
Agnus Jackson—Rue Marche, 620 Market St.
Sweet Lucy—The Office Niteclub, 513 E. State St.
Emily Hurd—Abreo (formerly Brio), 515 E. State St.
The Rockford Mass Transit District trolley will offer rides to the various establishments.
A portion of the proceeds from the event benefits the Rockford Area Music Industry’s Gary S. Wilmer Memorial Scholarship Fund, a fund for high school seniors pursuing an education in music.
For more about the event, visit http://onthewaterfront.com/groovewalk.htm or contact the On the Waterfront office inside Stewart Square, 308 W. State St., at (815) 964-4388.
From the May 11-17, 2011 issue