- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
At least seven dead in Israel border fights
Online Staff Report
JERUSALEM — Two people were killed and more than 150 wounded as tensions along Israel’s border mounted Sunday, May 15.
Fighting is flared by Palestinian protesters, marching to mourn the birth of the Jewish state. Fighting began in Golan Heights, officials said.
According to reports from Israel, large groups of Palestinian protestors hurled bricks, stones and other debris as military forces pushed backed the mob with tear gas, rubber bullets and live weaponry.
Meantime, five are dead and more than 50 were wounded in Lebanon as Israeli forces attempted to stop protesters near the Gaza boarder.
Protesters are marking “Nakba Day,” which commemorates the more than 700,000 Arabs driven from the region when Israel became a state in 1948.