- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
At least seven dead in Israel border fights
Online Staff Report
JERUSALEM — Two people were killed and more than 150 wounded as tensions along Israel’s border mounted Sunday, May 15.
Fighting is flared by Palestinian protesters, marching to mourn the birth of the Jewish state. Fighting began in Golan Heights, officials said.
According to reports from Israel, large groups of Palestinian protestors hurled bricks, stones and other debris as military forces pushed backed the mob with tear gas, rubber bullets and live weaponry.
Meantime, five are dead and more than 50 were wounded in Lebanon as Israeli forces attempted to stop protesters near the Gaza boarder.
Protesters are marking “Nakba Day,” which commemorates the more than 700,000 Arabs driven from the region when Israel became a state in 1948.