- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
CAPA freshmen present Hollywood Nights May 19
The annual Hollywood Nights production returns to the stage of Auburn’s Freshman Campus (AFC) at 520 N. Pierpont at 7 p.m., Thursday, May 19.
This year’s theme is “Around the World with Mario Brothers,” and will showcase the dance, theater, visual art and vocal talent of the Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) freshman students.
Under the direction of Lou Ann Alberts, AFC’s Technical Theatre students will unveil their multi-level castle set, which will be the location for a script of accents and adventure, with song and dance of African, American, Eastern Indian and Irish cultures.
The show will also pay tribute to the victims of recent disasters in Haiti and Japan. In addition to the student performances, AFC staff will sport Hawaiian costumes and present a special hula dance, and several arts students will be honored on stage with the CAPA Shining Star Award, voted on by peers and teachers in the perspective arts areas.
General admission is $5 (pre-school children are free), with a portion of the proceeds going to an AFC family that recently lost their home to fire. For more information, contact Lou Ann Alberts at Auburn’s Freshman Campus at (815) 490-4712.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue