- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Free prescription drug card launched in Illinois
–Illinois Rx Card to provide prescription help to all residents
SPRINGFIELD, Ill.—Illinois residents now have access to a free prescription assistance program. The statewide prescription drug card program, called Illinois Rx Card, was scheduled to officially commence as of May 11. Illinois Rx Card is being launched to help the uninsured and underinsured residents of Illinois gain access to significant savings on prescription medications at local pharmacies.
Illinois Rx Card, which is free to all Illinois residents, will provide discounts on medications with an average savings of around 30 percent. There are no restrictions to membership, no income requirements, no age limit and no applications to fill out. Illinoisans can obtain a free Rx card, search drug pricing, and locate participating pharmacies by visiting www.IllinoisRxCard.com. Residents can also obtain cards at health centers, hospitals, clinics, and other card distribution sites that are being set up across the state.
Illinois Rx Card is accepted at more than 56,000 pharmacies across the country including all major chains. Anyone who is not able to obtain a member card can visit any CVS/pharmacy or Dominick’s location in Illinois and simply reference “Illinois Rx Card” to have a prescription processed through the program. Dominick’s and CVS/pharmacy have been named the preferred pharmacies for offering this service to residents.
The Illinois Rx Card is a simple solution to the confusing maze of discount programs that have appeared in recent years. Many of these programs require enrollment, and some have membership restrictions such as age and income requirements. The Illinois Rx Card is free and open to all residents.
Additional information on the program can be found at www.IllinoisRxCard.com.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue