- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Miles Allen of Roscoe recognized for leadership
Each year, Huntington University (Indiana) students donate thousands of hours to selflessly serve those in the community. Because of his leadership in the area of community and ministry service, Miles Allen, a junior film production major from Roscoe, Ill., has been recognized this year with the PACE Servant Leadership Award. The aim of this award is to promote the ideals of servant leadership in the Huntington University community. Allen was nominated because of his two-year commitment and dedication to the Huntington Kids Club.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue