- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Miles Allen of Roscoe recognized for leadership
Each year, Huntington University (Indiana) students donate thousands of hours to selflessly serve those in the community. Because of his leadership in the area of community and ministry service, Miles Allen, a junior film production major from Roscoe, Ill., has been recognized this year with the PACE Servant Leadership Award. The aim of this award is to promote the ideals of servant leadership in the Huntington University community. Allen was nominated because of his two-year commitment and dedication to the Huntington Kids Club.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue