- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Miles Allen of Roscoe recognized for leadership
Each year, Huntington University (Indiana) students donate thousands of hours to selflessly serve those in the community. Because of his leadership in the area of community and ministry service, Miles Allen, a junior film production major from Roscoe, Ill., has been recognized this year with the PACE Servant Leadership Award. The aim of this award is to promote the ideals of servant leadership in the Huntington University community. Allen was nominated because of his two-year commitment and dedication to the Huntington Kids Club.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue