- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Miles Allen of Roscoe recognized for leadership
Each year, Huntington University (Indiana) students donate thousands of hours to selflessly serve those in the community. Because of his leadership in the area of community and ministry service, Miles Allen, a junior film production major from Roscoe, Ill., has been recognized this year with the PACE Servant Leadership Award. The aim of this award is to promote the ideals of servant leadership in the Huntington University community. Allen was nominated because of his two-year commitment and dedication to the Huntington Kids Club.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail email@example.com; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue