- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
- Parks and recreation vital to a stronger Illinois, report shows
- Illinois home sales see slight gain in October
- Rockford Rescue Mission on the front lines of battling war on homelessness
- Rockford Area Economic Development Council’s annual meeting highlights tech revolution
- NIU’s Dan Gebo named ‘Illinois Professor of the Year’
Miles Allen of Roscoe recognized for leadership
Each year, Huntington University (Indiana) students donate thousands of hours to selflessly serve those in the community. Because of his leadership in the area of community and ministry service, Miles Allen, a junior film production major from Roscoe, Ill., has been recognized this year with the PACE Servant Leadership Award. The aim of this award is to promote the ideals of servant leadership in the Huntington University community. Allen was nominated because of his two-year commitment and dedication to the Huntington Kids Club.
Send your “Community news and notes” to The Rock River Times, ATTN: People In Our Times, 128 N. Church St., Rockford, IL 61101; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; call (815) 964-9767; or fax (815) 964-9825.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue