- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
New Senior Lunch and Learn program begins May 18
Swim-N-More at the Millennium Center in Rockford is collaborating with several area agencies and services for a series of programs offered each Wednesday from May 18 through June 1. Seniors can enjoy lunch among their peers and learn about a variety of issues common to individuals as they age.
Senior Exercise and Fitness, May 18, will teach participants how to create an exercise program geared to individual fitness levels and health conditions. Planning and Options, May 25, will provide information about long-term care options and what is involved in the process. Senior Resources, June 1, will provide education about the many resources and services that are available in the community to seniors and how to access them. Home Safety, June 8, will teach ways to create a safe haven in the home.
Lunch is provided. Cost is $5 per session. Reservations are required and can be made by calling the Millennium Center, (815) 316-9090, or Home Instead, (815) 229-8810. The Millennium Center is at 220 S. Madison St., Rockford.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue