- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
New Senior Lunch and Learn program begins May 18
Swim-N-More at the Millennium Center in Rockford is collaborating with several area agencies and services for a series of programs offered each Wednesday from May 18 through June 1. Seniors can enjoy lunch among their peers and learn about a variety of issues common to individuals as they age.
Senior Exercise and Fitness, May 18, will teach participants how to create an exercise program geared to individual fitness levels and health conditions. Planning and Options, May 25, will provide information about long-term care options and what is involved in the process. Senior Resources, June 1, will provide education about the many resources and services that are available in the community to seniors and how to access them. Home Safety, June 8, will teach ways to create a safe haven in the home.
Lunch is provided. Cost is $5 per session. Reservations are required and can be made by calling the Millennium Center, (815) 316-9090, or Home Instead, (815) 229-8810. The Millennium Center is at 220 S. Madison St., Rockford.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue