- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Remedies Renewing Lives to host Fourth Annual Golf Outing at Aldeen
Remedies Renewing Lives is hosting their Fourth Annual Golf Outing Wednesday, May 18, at Aldeen Golf Club to raise funds to serve the victims of domestic violence.
The Golf Outing will kick off at noon with opening introductions by WREX-TV 13’s Dani Maxwell and lunch. Shotgun starts at 1 p.m., and it is a Best Ball tournament. A prize will be awarded at the end of the day. The cost is $100 per golfer, which includes 18 holes, golf cart and lunch.
Major sponsors are Spectrum Insurance and WREX-TV 13.
Remedies is one of the largest domestic violence programs in Illinois and the only domestic violence shelter and program serving Winnebago and Boone counties. Remedies serves nearly 2,000 victims, including nearly 400 children each year. All services to victims and their children are provided at no charge. Remedies provides multiple services including emergency shelter, a 24-hour help or crisis line (815-962-6102), counseling, legal advocacy, children’s services, and professional training. Remedies is a United Way community partner.
For more information about Remedies, go to the website www.remediesrenewinglives.org or to participate in the Remedies Fourth Annual Golf Outing, contact Brenda Smith at (815) 966-1285 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue