- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
To the Editor: Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames thank RAMI Committee
Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames won a RAMI Award (Rockford Area Music Industry) under the category BEST BLUES BAND!
Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames wanted to thank the RAMI Committee for their vote and the great job they are doing to promote music and help the artists.
This would not have been possible without continued support from the Crossroads Blues Society, Mark Thompson and Steve Jones. Delmark Records gets equal credit for having the faith and confidence in Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames, and making their debut CD Burnin’ Love a joy to hear, and available to everyone in the USA, Europe and all the airwaves!
The band is looking forward to being in Canada through June to promote the CD, in Calgary and Edmonton. Also check out the band at the Dodgeville Blues Festival on Saturday, July 23!
Thanks to everyone for your support and best wishes!!!
Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue