- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames thank RAMI Committee
Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames won a RAMI Award (Rockford Area Music Industry) under the category BEST BLUES BAND!
Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames wanted to thank the RAMI Committee for their vote and the great job they are doing to promote music and help the artists.
This would not have been possible without continued support from the Crossroads Blues Society, Mark Thompson and Steve Jones. Delmark Records gets equal credit for having the faith and confidence in Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames, and making their debut CD Burnin’ Love a joy to hear, and available to everyone in the USA, Europe and all the airwaves!
The band is looking forward to being in Canada through June to promote the CD, in Calgary and Edmonton. Also check out the band at the Dodgeville Blues Festival on Saturday, July 23!
Thanks to everyone for your support and best wishes!!!
Dave Weld and the Imperial Flames
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue