- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Winnebago County Animal Services Volunteer Auxiliary to hold free classes
The Winnebago County Animal Services Volunteer Auxiliary is sponsoring six Public Awareness sessions on topics ranging from wildlife and dog training to answers about pet health. Join WCAS for the first session from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 25. Learn how Animal Services works with the Hoo Haven Wildlife Rehab and Education Center as well as other wildlife issues and concerns.
All sessions are free to the public, and reservations are required as seating is limited. Make your reservation for any one or all of the sessions by calling Sara at (815) 319-4106. Sessions are held at Winnebago County Animal Services, 4517 N. Main St. in Rockford from 6 to 7 p.m. Children younger than 18 must attend with a parent. Please do not bring your pets.
May 25—Hoo Haven Wildlife Rehab and Education Center: Hoo Haven will discuss and answer your questions on wildlife-related issues and concerns.
June 22—Keeping Your Pet Safe & at Home: Topics include car safety, household poisons, how to avoid losing your pet, and what to do if they do get lost.
July 27—Basic Dog Training Tips: Topics include leash control, proper collars and how to use them, teaching dogs to come when called, stop unwanted pulling on a walk, and understanding distractions. (Please do not bring your dog.)
Aug. 24—Ask the Veterinarian: Important information about vaccinations, yearly check-ups, preventing heartworm, fleas and ticks, and weight management. Question and answer session the last half-hour.
Sept. 28—Understanding the Breed: Pitbulls.
Oct. 26—Feline Facts & Myths: Facts about multiple cat households, litter box issues, declawing, spaying/neutering and much more!
From the May 18-24, 2011 issue