- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Missing Child: Search for 6-year-old boy shifts to Rock Falls area
Online Staff Report
Investigators in the tri-state search for a missing 6-year-old Aurora boy have shifted their focus to the Rock Falls, Ill. area, officials said Thursday, May 19.
Timothy Pitzen was last seen Friday, May 13 with his mother, Amy Fry-Pitzen, who was found dead from an apparent suicide inside a Rockford motel May 14.
Initial stages of the investigation revealed Timothy was taken out of school by his mother Wednesday, May 11. Fry-Pitzen later called friends and relatives and said she was leaving the boy with unnamed individuals.
Mobile phone records showed Fry-Pitzen made calls to contacts in the Rock Falls area. The search, led by police in Aurora and the FBI, also included Iowa and Wisconsin. Timothy and Fry-Pitzen were also seen at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells.
Timothy’s father, James Pitzen, told WGN-TV he hopes his son will contact somebody if he’s in danger.
Meantime, fliers with Timothy’s description and photograph have been distributed at gas stations, rest areas and restaurants throughout the area.
Timothy Pitzen is described as a white male, about 4-foot-2 inches tall. He has brown eyes, brown hair and weights approximately 70 pounds.
Police urge anyone with information to contact the Rockford Police Department at (815) 987-5912, Rock Falls Police Department at (815) 622-1140, Aurora police at (630) 256-5500 or the FBI at (312) 421-6700.