- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Rock Falls search for missing boy comes up empty
By Jim Hagerty
A search for missing 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen in Rock Falls, Ill., came up empty Thursday, May 19, officials said Friday.
According to reports, 70 officers from the Aurora Police Department searched the Rock Falls/Dixon area for five hours for the boy yesterday.
The investigation shifted to the Sauk Valley area when police learned the boy’s mother, Amy-Fry Pitzen made calls to friends in Rock Falls and drove through the area Friday, May 13.
Amy-Fry Pitzen was found dead from an apparent suicide Saturday, May 14 inside a Rockford motel.
Fry-Pitzen took Timothy out of school earlier last week and brought him to a zoo in Gurnee, Ill., and a water park in Wisconsin Dells before traveling to Rockford.
Before slitting her wrists, Fry-Pitzen wrote a note stating she was leaving her son with unnamed people, possibly in Iowa.
Police did not find Timothy’s backpack inside Fry-Pitzen’s car, indicating the boy may be with someone.
Timothy’s father, James Pitzen, said in an earlier report that his son would contact authorities if he was in danger.
Pitzen said it is possible people who is son may be with are not aware Timothy is missing or that his mother killed herself.
Fliers with Timothy’s description and photograph have been distributed at gas stations, rest areas and restaurants.
Timothy Pitzen is described as a white male, about 4-foot-2 inches tall. He has brown eyes, brown hair and weights approximately 70 pounds. He was last seen wearing green shorts and a Spider-Man backpack.