- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Belvidere family chosen for Habitat home
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County has purchased a lot and selected a partner family for 2011.
Ana Moreno and her three children—Yatzari, 10, Lizette, 8, and Alaksis Galvez, 5—have been selected as the partner family for the 2011 Habitat home to be built at 707 Pearl St., Belvidere, Ill.
Ana is employed by Ventra, a parts supplier for Chrysler, and has lived in Belvidere since 2007.
A home with three bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room is in the planning stages. A groundbreaking ceremony is set for 4 p.m., Friday, May 27. Belvidere Mayor Fred Brereton will be attending.
Many construction volunteers will be needed. Volunteers are also needed to complete administrative duties (such as record-keeping and data input), pickup and delivery of building materials and supplies, and providing lunches for the Saturday work crews. If you would like to volunteer, call (815) 288-6382 and leave a message with your phone number and a good time to contact you. You can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue