- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Belvidere family chosen for Habitat home
Habitat for Humanity of Boone County has purchased a lot and selected a partner family for 2011.
Ana Moreno and her three children—Yatzari, 10, Lizette, 8, and Alaksis Galvez, 5—have been selected as the partner family for the 2011 Habitat home to be built at 707 Pearl St., Belvidere, Ill.
Ana is employed by Ventra, a parts supplier for Chrysler, and has lived in Belvidere since 2007.
A home with three bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room is in the planning stages. A groundbreaking ceremony is set for 4 p.m., Friday, May 27. Belvidere Mayor Fred Brereton will be attending.
Many construction volunteers will be needed. Volunteers are also needed to complete administrative duties (such as record-keeping and data input), pickup and delivery of building materials and supplies, and providing lunches for the Saturday work crews. If you would like to volunteer, call (815) 288-6382 and leave a message with your phone number and a good time to contact you. You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com.
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue