- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) has announced the following people have been named Employee of the Year for their respective departments.: Operator of the Year: First Place—Sheila Manns; Second Place—Darryl Mitchell; Third Place—Sheila Linares. Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place—Larry Washington; Second Place—Larry Peugh; Third Place—Ann Eck. Mechanic of the Year: First Place—Jim Donnelli; Second Place—Jim Groshans; Third Place—Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2010. They were recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day luncheon May 20. Each employee received a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue