- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) has announced the following people have been named Employee of the Year for their respective departments.: Operator of the Year: First Place—Sheila Manns; Second Place—Darryl Mitchell; Third Place—Sheila Linares. Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place—Larry Washington; Second Place—Larry Peugh; Third Place—Ann Eck. Mechanic of the Year: First Place—Jim Donnelli; Second Place—Jim Groshans; Third Place—Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2010. They were recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day luncheon May 20. Each employee received a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue