- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) has announced the following people have been named Employee of the Year for their respective departments.: Operator of the Year: First Place—Sheila Manns; Second Place—Darryl Mitchell; Third Place—Sheila Linares. Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place—Larry Washington; Second Place—Larry Peugh; Third Place—Ann Eck. Mechanic of the Year: First Place—Jim Donnelli; Second Place—Jim Groshans; Third Place—Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2010. They were recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day luncheon May 20. Each employee received a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue