- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) has announced the following people have been named Employee of the Year for their respective departments.: Operator of the Year: First Place—Sheila Manns; Second Place—Darryl Mitchell; Third Place—Sheila Linares. Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place—Larry Washington; Second Place—Larry Peugh; Third Place—Ann Eck. Mechanic of the Year: First Place—Jim Donnelli; Second Place—Jim Groshans; Third Place—Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2010. They were recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day luncheon May 20. Each employee received a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue