- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Mass Transit names Employees of the Year
Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) has announced the following people have been named Employee of the Year for their respective departments.: Operator of the Year: First Place—Sheila Manns; Second Place—Darryl Mitchell; Third Place—Sheila Linares. Paratransit Operator of the Year: First Place—Larry Washington; Second Place—Larry Peugh; Third Place—Ann Eck. Mechanic of the Year: First Place—Jim Donnelli; Second Place—Jim Groshans; Third Place—Tim Blackman.
The RMTD management team selected these employees based on their safety record, attendance record and overall job performance for calendar year 2010. They were recognized for their accomplishments at an Employee Appreciation Day luncheon May 20. Each employee received a personalized gift and a savings bond in appreciation for their efforts.
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue