- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
To the Editor: Garbage dumping problem continues
I wrote to you about one month ago about the dumping in our alley, and you printed the letter April 20. Well, since then, I went to our alderman, and I begged for help getting this dumping stopped. Maybe if I would have had a camera behind me, I could have gotten help. She was just sure it was someone in the neighborhood. Well, they came and took the tire and the yard waste bag and left all the garbage for me to pick up.
This morning when I went for my walk, there is a load of roofing waste behind the house next door.
What now? Will it ever stop?
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue