- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
To the Editor: Garbage dumping problem continues
I wrote to you about one month ago about the dumping in our alley, and you printed the letter April 20. Well, since then, I went to our alderman, and I begged for help getting this dumping stopped. Maybe if I would have had a camera behind me, I could have gotten help. She was just sure it was someone in the neighborhood. Well, they came and took the tire and the yard waste bag and left all the garbage for me to pick up.
This morning when I went for my walk, there is a load of roofing waste behind the house next door.
What now? Will it ever stop?
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue