- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
To the Editor: Garbage dumping problem continues
I wrote to you about one month ago about the dumping in our alley, and you printed the letter April 20. Well, since then, I went to our alderman, and I begged for help getting this dumping stopped. Maybe if I would have had a camera behind me, I could have gotten help. She was just sure it was someone in the neighborhood. Well, they came and took the tire and the yard waste bag and left all the garbage for me to pick up.
This morning when I went for my walk, there is a load of roofing waste behind the house next door.
What now? Will it ever stop?
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue