- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
To the Editor: Garbage dumping problem continues
I wrote to you about one month ago about the dumping in our alley, and you printed the letter April 20. Well, since then, I went to our alderman, and I begged for help getting this dumping stopped. Maybe if I would have had a camera behind me, I could have gotten help. She was just sure it was someone in the neighborhood. Well, they came and took the tire and the yard waste bag and left all the garbage for me to pick up.
This morning when I went for my walk, there is a load of roofing waste behind the house next door.
What now? Will it ever stop?
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue