- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
To the Editor: Garbage dumping problem continues
I wrote to you about one month ago about the dumping in our alley, and you printed the letter April 20. Well, since then, I went to our alderman, and I begged for help getting this dumping stopped. Maybe if I would have had a camera behind me, I could have gotten help. She was just sure it was someone in the neighborhood. Well, they came and took the tire and the yard waste bag and left all the garbage for me to pick up.
This morning when I went for my walk, there is a load of roofing waste behind the house next door.
What now? Will it ever stop?
From the May 25-31, 2011 issue